DRY PLUCKING, A GUARANTEE OF GREAT QUALITY
THE ART OF TRADITIONAL SAVOIR-FAIRE
Dry plucking is a meticulous process that avoids the ducks being plunged in hot water and preserves the quality of the meat and skin. This traditional craft skill is the main speciality of Maison Couthouis.
HOW DOES DRY PLUCKING WORK?
• Our ducks are plucked via suction and gripping of feathers, then wax-finished to remove the left over down.
• Each of our whole pieces are fully or partially plucked by hand, duck by duck, with care and precision.
WHAT ARE THE ADVANTAGES FOR THE PRODUCT?
• The texture of the skin is preserved, with a naturally well-marked finish.
• The meat retains a layer of fat beneath the skin which helps reveal the natural flavours of the lean duck meat during cooking.
• The meat has a longer shelf-life.
• Once roasted our products offer a very appetizing appearance.